In the Translational Bioinformatics Unit (TransBio) we aim to address relevant challenges and bottlenecks in the course of translating basic science research into clinical knowledge. TransBio is a multi-disciplinary team formed by individuals with different combinations of biological, clinical and quantitative knowledge.
TransBio team is located at Navarrabiomed which is a “biomedical research centre of the Government of Navarre that promotes and facilitates the research of public healthcare professionals. Its location in the heart of the Hospital Complex of Navarre encourages close proximity and collaboration between researchers and professionals working in clinical and healthcare environments”. TransBio has long-term established collaborations with teams at Karolinska Institutet, King´s College London and KAUST.
Recent publications of interest (see the entire list here):
- Goren Saenz-Pipaon, Patxi San Martín, Núria Planell, Alberto Maillo, et al. (2020) Functional and transcriptomic analysis of extracellular vesicles identifies calprotectin as a new prognostic marker in peripheral arterial disease (PAD), Journal of Extracellular Vesicles, 9:1, 1729646. link
- Carr VR, Witherden E, Lee S, Shoaie S, Mullany P, Proctor GB, et al. Abundance and diversity of resistomes differ between healthy human oral cavities and gut. Nature Communications; 2020; 11:693. link
- Rad Pour S, Morikawa H, Kiani NA, Gomez-Cabrero D, Hayes A, Zheng X, et al. Immunometabolic Network Interactions of the Kynurenine Pathway in Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma. Front Oncol. 2020;10: 51. link
- Gomez-Cabrero D, Tarazona S, Ferreirós-Vidal I, Ramirez RN, Company C, Schmidt A, et al. STATegra, a comprehensive multi-omics dataset of B-cell differentiation in mouse. Sci data. 2019;6: 256. doi:10.1038/s41597-019-0202-7
- Jansen C, Ramirez RN, El-Ali NC, Gomez-Cabrero D, Tegner J, Merkenschlager M, et al. Building gene regulatory networks from scATAC-seq and scRNA-seq using Linked Self-Organizing Maps. PLOS Comput Biol. 2019;15: 438937. doi:10.1101/438937
- International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium, Multiple sclerosis genomic map implicates peripheral immune cells and microglia in susceptibility, Science, 2019, 365:6460.
- Carlström KE, Ewing E, Granqvist M, Gyllenberg A, Aeinehband S, Enoksson SL, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of dimethyl fumarate in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis associates with ROS pathway in monocytes. Nat Commun; 2019;10: 3081.
- Ferreirós-Vidal I, Carroll T, Zhang T, Lagani V, Ramirez RN, Ing-Simmons E, et al. Feedforward regulation of Myc coordinates lineage-specific with housekeeping gene expression during B cell progenitor cell differentiation. PLOS Biol. 2019;17.
- Ewing E, Kular L, Fernandes SJ, Karathanasis N, Lagani V, Ruhrmann S, et al. Combining evidence from four immune cell types identifies DNA methylation patterns that implicate functionally distinct pathways during Multiple Sclerosis progression. EBioMedicine. Elsevier; 2019.