In the Translational Bioinformatics Unit (TransBio) we aim to address relevant challenges and bottlenecks in the course of translating basic science research into clinical knowledge. TransBio is a multi-disciplinary team formed by individuals with different combinations of biological, clinical and quantitative knowledge.
TransBio team has researchers in two separate locations: Navarrabiomed (Pamplona, Spain) and Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering at KAUST (Saudi Arabia) . TransBio has long-term established collaborations with teams at Karolinska Institutet, King´s College London and KAUST.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact us directly.
Recent publications of interest (see the entire list here):
- Lasaga, M., Río, P., Vilas-Zornoza, A., Planell, N., Navarro, S., Alignani, D., Fernández-Varas, B., et al. (2023). Gene therapy restores the transcriptional program of hematopoietic stem cells in Fanconi anemia. Haematologica. https://doi.org/10.3324/haematol.2022.282418
- Larrayoz, M. J. M., Garcia-Barchino, M. J., Celay, J., Etxebeste, A., Jimenez, M., Perez, C., et al. (2023). Preclinical models for prediction of immunotherapy outcomes and immune evasion mechanisms in genetically heterogeneous multiple myeloma. Nature Medicine, 29(3), 632–645.
- Planell N, Lagani V, Sebastian-Leon P, van der Kloet F, Ewing E, Karathanasis N, et al. STATegra: Multi-Omics Data Integration – A Conceptual Scheme With a Bioinformatics Pipeline. Front Genet. 2021;12:143.
- Gomez-Cabrero D, Walter S, Abugessaisa I, Miñambres-Herraiz R, Palomares LB, Butcher L, et al. A robust machine learning framework to identify signatures for frailty: a nested case-control study in four aging European cohorts. GeroScience. 2021 DOI: 10.1007/s11357-021-00334-0 Frailomic Consortia paper
- Ewing E, Planell-Picola N, Jagodic M, Gomez-Cabrero D. GeneSetCluster: a tool for summarizing and integrating gene-set analysis results. BMC Bioinformatics. 2020;21(1):443. link
- Ruiz-Villalba A, Romero JP, Hernandez SC, et al. Single-Cell RNA-seq Analysis Reveals a Crucial Role for Collagen Triple Helix Repeat Containing 1 (CTHRC1) Cardiac Fibroblasts after Myocardial Infarction. Circulation. 2020.
- Carr VR, Witherden E, Lee S, Shoaie S, Mullany P, Proctor GB, et al. Abundance and diversity of resistomes differ between healthy human oral cavities and gut. Nature Communications; 2020; 11:693. link
- International Multiple Sclerosis Genetics Consortium, Multiple sclerosis genomic map implicates peripheral immune cells and microglia in susceptibility, Science, 2019, 365:6460.
- Carlström KE, Ewing E, Granqvist M, Gyllenberg A, Aeinehband S, Enoksson SL, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of dimethyl fumarate in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis associates with ROS pathway in monocytes. Nat Commun; 2019;10: 3081.
- Ferreirós-Vidal I, Carroll T, Zhang T, Lagani V, Ramirez RN, Ing-Simmons E, et al. Feedforward regulation of Myc coordinates lineage-specific with housekeeping gene expression during B cell progenitor cell differentiation. PLOS Biol. 2019;17.
- Ewing E, Kular L, Fernandes SJ, Karathanasis N, Lagani V, Ruhrmann S, et al. Combining evidence from four immune cell types identifies DNA methylation patterns that implicate functionally distinct pathways during Multiple Sclerosis progression. EBioMedicine. Elsevier; 2019.