STATegra Summer School on NGS and Data Integration
24th and 28th of September 2018 in Pamplona (lectures available online – see below)
The Unit of Translational Bioinformatics organized the STATegra Summer School on NGS and Data Integration. The TransBio/STATegra Summer Schoolwas a unique environment where multidisciplinary researchers were lecturing and conducting hands-on sessions on statistical analysis and visualization of multi-omics data.
The STATegra Summer School took place between the 24th and 28th of September in Pamplona.
- The venue was Navarrabiomed.
- We consider necessary some background in R or other programming languages. The school will NOT require advanced programming skills, but some preliminary experience.
The STATegra Summer School built over previous experiences:
- I STATegra Summer School (Benicassim, September 2015), evaluated 9 over 10. Lectures available here.
- Casym Summer School, Stockholm, June 2015. Lectures available here.
The school was designed to be mainly a hands-on based school, where students will face real-data and real challenges. The first part of the course reviews single-omic analysis (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, DNA Methylation and single-cell RNA-seq), while the second part addresses integrative tools (including network analysis, multi-omics PCA, Meta-analysis and multi-omic Visualization among others).
- Sonia Tarazona, Project leader, Centro Investigation Principe Felipe, Spain.
- Narsis Kiani, Assistant Professor, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden.
- Vincenzo Lagani, Associate Professor, Ilia State University, Georgia.
- Ricardo N. Ramirez, Postdoctoral fellow, Harvard Medical School, USA.
- Jesper Tegnér, Professor in Bioscience and Computer Science, KAUST University, Saudi Arabia.
- David Gomez-Cabrero, Head of the Translational Bioinformatics Unit, Navarrabiomed, Spain.
LINK TO AVAILABLE LECTURES ONLINE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL7sagKe8dNM6eczBV_yd1_DzAPHWwSwq
The scheduled was: